I tell of an onion, once very proud
He loved singing about himself aloud
As he grew he learned one important fact
For everyone around him, it was happiness they lacked
One day, he found a maiden in tears
Why doth thou cry? What are thy fears?
And those words she uttered, he could never swallow
It’s because of you, because of you in tears I wallow
So it was on that fateful day he chose
He would bring joy, thus defeat his woes
Off he went door to door, trying to cheer people up
But where he went tears followed, enough to fill a cup
It was not till one day he came upon a door
A man was there with a smile and his mouth watering to the floor
The onion had succeeded and was invited in
Not knowing he would be made into a most delicious din
That day, the onion was victorious, well in a way
He had made someone happy though he had to pay
For in a boiling pot he was thrown to make a stew
He learned to make someone happy, and to do whatcha gotta do.
"A funny and heart-breaking tale that entertains people of all ages. I admire this writer's uniqueness, style, and word choice. This piece delivers a strong moral and lesson of the life of an onion. I hope to see more of these in the future."
ReplyDelete-Zeke